I have wanted to get the girls a swing set for a while, and this year we decided that it would be okay to get one. Cory was fighting me on it, because he had heard how hard it was to put together. If only he wasn't so stubborn, and would ask someone to help him put it together, it may have gotten done a little quicker! He was complaining the whole time, but was a trooper, and after three weekends of working on it, it tipping over twice, and breaking wood, it is finally done.
Cory is putting up the chalkboard in the playhouse. It was really funny to watch him get up there, he would plop up on there like he was a beached whale or something and shimmy his way up there! It was really funny to watch, I left him out there while I ran back in to get the camera!
As you can tell, there are a million pieces of wood on the ground! It was insane, and none of the pieces were marked. You had to measure each piece! His cousins, Kaylan and Johnathan came out that weekend, and they came home with us that night and helped Cory put some of it together. I came out to see if they needed anything, and they said no and started to laugh. I asked them what they were laughing at as they were holding the instructions, and of course they said nothing and kept laughing. I took the instructions from them and looked at the picture on the front, and they had put it together backwards. It was really funny, but it still worked even though it is backwards!
After they left, the wind started to blow, and it tipped it over. It broke some of the pieces. We had to go and get more wood to fix it, but it wasn't too bad. We decided to put it back up and stake it down. I had to hold it because the wind was blowing so hard. We got it staked down, and the next day the wind started to blow again, and tipped it over. It didn't break anything this time except for one of the stakes. Cory decided to just keep it tipped over until he could finish it and stake it down better!
Here is the finished product from the one side. He had to stake it down with some metal rods, I don't think that even a tornado will take that thing down now!
The girls love it, and are so grateful they don't have to go down the slide while it is sitting flat on the ground!


No comments:
Post a Comment