Friday, May 21, 2010

Easter!

Easter was a very fun and eventful time! The plan was to stay home and just have it with our little family, until Cory came home and asked if I wanted to go stay at my sisters house in Nevada. I said sure, but why are we doing that? He said he had to deliver a tractor and pick another one up. I said sure and we decided that we would leave after we colored eggs with his family on Saturday. Here are some pictures of the girls coloring eggs!

Izabelle found the Princess stickers and went to town with them, of course she loves princesses, so why wouldn't we want both of our arms covered in their stickers!
Izabelle coloring eggs!
Mom and trying to help Izabelle, but she didn't want help, she would just chuck the eggs in the cup full of dye, and it would make a mess. Then she would just get them out with her bare hands, and then lick her hands off. Yuck! She is gross I guess she likes the taste of vinegar!
Here is Chloe contemplating what color she was going to do next! She had a hard time deciding!
So, to continue our adventures on Easter weekend, we headed out around 8:30 or so at night. We hit snow, and we knew it wouldn't be the first of it, so we decided to just drive two hours to my mom's house and then drive the rest of the way to my sister's house Sunday morning!
The girls woke up, thank goodness they haven't figured out how to wake up early and that you can do that on Holiday's, Whew! I am glad for that one. Anyways, they woke up at my mom's and found what the Easter bunny had brought them!
Here is both of their baskets and dresses!
Here is Chloe's
Here is Izabelle's basket and dress!
Chloe posing for the camera with her new dress!

Looking for eggs! Alright as just a side note, my dad thinks that it is so funny to hide the eggs after we go to bed. And to this day, he still finds it just hilarious! My little brother Schyler, who still lives at home, still has to find eggs, much to his dismay, all while my dad is laughing at his clever hiding of the eggs. He will sit and laugh while we try to find them, but this year I told him that I wouldn't help him find the eggs, he was going to have to do it on his own! My dad always gets a good laugh, and my little brother just thinks he is crazy, but it is something that we will have as an Easter memory!

Here is Chloe looking for eggs!

Miss Izabelle found an egg! All she wanted to do when she found them was to eat them!

After we found the eggs, and explored our baskets, we had some breakfast with my parents, little brother Schyler and his girlfriend Brittany. We then set out on the rest of our Journey! When we left it was sort of snowing, and then it just went away. It was a pretty good drive out there other than some of the mountain passes once we got into Nevada. We got to my sister's house, and we were going to have and egg hunt outside, but there was snow on the ground and I didn't bring warm enough clothes for my girls, so we decided to just bag it and let them play. I wish that I would have gotten my camera out and taken pictures but I forgot. I need to get better at taking pictures! As soon as we got to my sister's house we ate dinner, and Cory left to go to the other side of Nevada to pick up the tractor. When he returned, later on Monday afternoon, we still had to figure out what to do with the other tractor that we hadn't dropped off yet. It was just at a gas station in Wells. Cory called them and they told him to take it to a realtor's office that wasn't far from the gas station. Cory asked me what I wanted to drive, the truck with a huge trailer, or the tractor. I told him I wasn't comfortable with either, and he just made fun of me. I don't even like to pull our 4-wheeler trailer, and this one is three times the size at least. So I ended up driving the tractor. He told me to follow him, and I did, but he kept going to fast. He called me on my phone, and told me to pick it up we didn't have all day to waste! I told him it wouldn't go any faster and he just laughed at me and told me I didn't know what I was doing. I told him he was right, and to just let me get there on my time. In his time he would say I eventually got there, but it really didn't take that long! We dropped it off and started to head home. We knew that there was going to be snow over the passes, but there was a lot more than that. When we hit the salt flats, it was horrible! We drove home from Wendover in complete snow. It was even worse when we came to Parley's canyon. The roads were snow packed, and it was crazy. The girls were not very good either. They just fought with each other the whole way home. Cory gets really frustrated when they do that in the car, even worse when it is snowing and he is pulling a trailer! We finally made it home, safe and sound. It was very adventurous, but we had fun spending time together!

No comments:

Post a Comment