I cannot believe that my little girl is 5 already! It makes me sad to think that she will be going to kindergarten next year. I just doesn't seem right. We had her birthday party with just our family, even though she really wanted to have a friend party. I told her that she couldn't have one if she wanted to go to Disneyland, because we were leaving in a couple weeks to go. It didn't take her long to make her decision. She said well duh, of course I want to go to Disneyland, because I get to go with Grandma and Grandpa! As I was loooking back at the pictures that we took from her birthday, I realized that I didn't even get a picture of her cake! It was really cute too. She said that she wanted to have a Tinkerbell cake. I knew that my artistic abilites are not that great, so I went to the store and looked through the cake book. I found this kit that you could buy that had Tinkerbell and all her friends. They are stamps on the bottom and it came with a flower ink pad. She really enjoyed it and thought it was really cool. I remember now why I do not have any pictures. Cory had the camera and he was to busy visiting, and trying to enjoy his birthday as well. As most of you know their birthday's are on the same day. Cory always pokes around to me that he will never have a real birthday again because he has to share it with Chloe. I try to think of things that we could do, but there is just not much to do around here, so we went out to dinner at Stockmans, which is a steak house kind of restaurant. He enjoyed himself though. We sat behind some people that were speaking Portuguese. He doesn't get to hear it very often and he thought it was fun to listen in to their conversation. I also made him a stacked chocolate cake with a peanut butter filling. If any of you know him, I think he could survive on peanut butter and chocolate. He was in heaven even though the filling wasn't very sturdy and the cake was just falling over. I didn't even get a picture of his cake either. He had wanted some lamps for reading at night, and so I took it upon myself to get a set of four lamps that we could use in our bedroom and also our family room. He said that his present was more for me, but I know that deep down inside he enjoys them as well! Chloe loves to play on the computer and she also loves anything to do with school. We found this computer game that is called Jumpstart, and that is what she got for her birthday, and an outfit. She is so funny, she always says that she has to do her homework, and she likes doing it. I just hope that she willl always want to do her homework when it becomes more than just writing her letters and coloring.
Here is the one picture that I got of her birthday of her opening presents!


I know I tried to comment before and it wouldn't let me. I can't BELIEVE she is 5! That is crazy. You must be old Brit to have a 5 year old. =) We need to have a girl's day before Amanda leaves.
ReplyDelete