This post will not include any pictures like the last ones, but I feel like I need to do this!!
The past month has been a trying time fore my family. Although it has been trying, it has been a wonderful testimony and faith building time! My dad was not feeling very well, and thought he just had a really good head cold, but he started to have more symptoms. Ones that were more similar to a stroke, but on both sides of his body, not just one. He went to the emergency room,and after the second visit, they decided that they were going to admit him. My mom called me and asked me to come out and help her so that she could take him to the hospital. She was watching my sister's boys. I hurried and threw some things in a bag and just thought I would be there for the weekend. We were planning on coming in that night anyways to go to the State Fair. Needless to say, we never made it to the fair. Anyways, when I got in to Spanish Fork, My mom was at the hospital and they did some tests on my dad and said it was just sinusitis. They sent him home with an antibiotic. Later that night, he was just getting worse and didn't even have enough strength to make it up the staris. We decided, against my dad's wishes that we should call the ambulance, they took him over there and admitted him. Doing every test that they could think of, and that they had ever heard of, everything kept coming back completely normal. He just kept getting worse, and he was paralyzed. He couldn't talk very well, and things were not looking good. It was very frustrating to know that they were doing tests, and not finding anything!! I have never seen my dad have more than just a cold, and he has never been in bed because of it. After many priesthood blessing, and a lot of prayers, which I am ever so thankful to have in my life. I don't really know what life would be like without it. I am greatful for the faith that we all have to have as well. And, after so many doctors, they finally decided that it was something called Guillian-Berre Syndrome. The best way to descibe it is that it is similar to Multiple Sclerosis, which affects the nerves that control your muscles. They gave some IV therapy drugs called IGG's and the day after they were done with the treatment, he was starting to come out of the paralysis. This was such a scary time and we were all wonder what was next. They said that he would be in the hospital for almost two months, and that was best case senario. He was only in there for two weeks. We are very blessed and this was nothing short of a miracle. The doctors still look at him and are just baffled at the fact that he is doing so well. He still has to regain his strength, but he is getting stronger everyday. I know that he would not be doing this well if it was not for the love, compassion, faith, prayers, priesthood, and family. My testimony has really been strengthened because of this experience. I am greatful for this gospel!!
Sorry that was probably really mumbo-jumbo and a mess!!


So glad your dad is doing so well. What cute little girls you have. If we're still in Utah hopefully they'll have that Connect Pass thing when Amelia gets older. That looks like so much fun.
ReplyDelete