Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Parade's and Toads!!

Well, it has been a very busy month for us. Cory is busy working, and I usually end up getting mad at him because he is never home, but such is life, and sometimes, I just have to let things out. I went and stayed at my mom's house for a week and went to my friend Amanda's baby shower, and then decided to stay since Cory isn't home ever, and it was Fiesta Day's in Spanish Fork. Cory came out on Thursday night and we went to the parade and then watched the fireworks. On Saturday we decided that we would go 4-wheeling. It didn't look like it was going to rain until we were riding around for a while, and then it started to down pour. There was really no where to go for shelter, and it didn't look like it was going to let up anytime soon, so we just decided to book it back to the truck. By the time that we got back there, we were soaking wet, and really muddy, all the dust that had got on us from the very dry roads, had now turned into mud. My mascara had all come off and was running down my face!! We all looked a little scary. When we got back from there, we had to hurry and get ready to go to the Oquirhh Mountain Temple Open House. Chloe was so excited, and by the way, I have no pictures for this because I am forgetful and forgot my camera!! Anyways, this is all that Chloe could talk about. She remembers going to the Draper temple, and she loved it. She was asking all week when we could go to the temple. She was amazed by everything in there, and she said it was all beautiful. She also like the big swimming pool, AKA, baptismal font. She wondered why there needed to be a swimming pool in the temple, and that when she got big enough to come back that she would go swimming there. She is so funny!!

Here are some pictures from the parade here in Roosevelt. The girls had a blast watching all the things go by in the parade. They were most excited to see dad come by in the tractors!!!

Cory decided at the very last minute that he was going to put tractors in the parade.

He was driving this one, and Chloe thought that she needed to go with him for the last block of the parade and to take them back to the store!! She is a funny girl!!

Here is my little beauty Queen waving to everyone watching the parade!!

Alright, now here is to the lastest funny quotes by Chloe. I don't even know where she comes up with these things, but she really cracks me up!!! It starts a couple weeks ago when we were visting Cory's mom. They have this big toad that lives in the crack in their sidewalk. It was climbing out just as we were getting ready to leave, but Chloe told Cory that he should catch the toad so that she could look at it. Cory then caught the toad and was showing the rest of the kids and right before he let it go, he told Chloe that she should kiss it. Chloe then said NO!! Cory told her that it would turn into a prince. She still said NO WAY that is gross. So, being the crazy person he is, Cory shoved it in her face until she replied with her fists clenched, " I AM NOT KISSING THAT DAMN TOAD!!" She was so serious. It was all any of us could do not to laugh, which we did, and she said that she would never kiss a toad, she did not want a prince and that is just how it was going to be!!! Well, we went up there this past Sunday, and there was a ton of baby toads all over the lawn. Phyllis, Cory's mom told her that she needed to take some home!! Well, in turn, of course Chloe was not going home without toads. We found a shoe box, and caught plenty of toads. She had about thirty toads in this shoe box!!!

I told her the next day that she needed to let them go, because they were going to dry out and die. She didn't believe me and sprayed the box with a squirt bottle. I finally convinced her that we needed to let them go, and told her that we could keep two of them. Well, needless to say, we have two toads in a flower vase on our kitchen counter!!!

2 comments:

  1. haha. I couldn't stop laughing with the toad story. I don't think I would be able to sleep with 30 little toads in my house afraid they would get out. Chloe is so funny. Isabelle is so cute!
    Oh yeah, sorry we never got together when you were in town. I was gone for 10 days in California so it never worked out. We do need to get together though!

    ReplyDelete